Your clients might see you two more times before the New Year. Which means you only have two opportunities to help check off names on their holiday gift list. Gift Card sales in the Salon and Spa industry account for billions of dollars. You can truly generate a solid income from gift card sales and help your loyal customers take care of their holiday shopping list.
10 Steps to Gift Card Sales Success
1. Tell them - Put up your signage early telling your clients that you offer gift certificates.
2. Make it Beautiful - Offer gift wrapping, include gift boxes, tissue and ribbon for the gift cards.
3. Give a Bonus - Give a $10 gift card to the purchaser for every $100 they spend.
4. Make it Easy - Sell your gift cards straight from your website.
5. Deliver - make a deal with a courier to deliver the beautifully wrapped gift cards to those in a specific area.
6. Cross Promote - Tell your partners, you know the restaurant or flower shop that you promote in your Salon or Spa. Ask them if you can put up a small display with your business cards in their business. Be sure to reciprocate!
7. Package Deals - Well packaged services sell like hotcakes. Keep the price points of packages to $100, $250 and $375 and offer straight dollar value cards in $25, $50, $75, $100 selections.
8. Tell Everyone - Advertise loud and clear. Put signage in every room, have the staff talk it up, include the information in your 'on-hold' message, tell people when you answer the phone, put up shelf talkers and be sure your team is sharing the great news too.
9. Incentives - The front end team is critical to your overall success and you want to sell gift cards. Consider offering incentives or rewards for the levels of gift card sales achieved.
10. Solicit your Suppliers - ask your suppliers to donate retail size product and for every gift card sold the buyers name goes into the draw. Conduct the draw just before January 1st.
Deanne Kelleher is the founder kAos Group and the originator of the Core Four™ System. kAos Group is in the business of organization. We work closely with clients to help identify inefficiencies -- the clutter and disorganization that prevents professional and personal growth -- and help clients streamline their business and personal lives to reduce stress, increase profits, and create more time for what they love.
www.kaosgroup.com 416 447 9002