Teachers - Health Care Professionals - Social Workers
Early Childhood Educators - Complementary Care Practitioners, Volunteers, Family Caregivers
'Pouring from an Empty Pot'
Being a caregiver or educator can be powerful and satisfying work. Without a self-care practice you risk a unique occupational hazard - Compassion Fatigue - a deeply painful state of physical, emotional and spiritual exhaustion. Compassion Fatigue goes far beyond "burnout."
In this interactive 1 ½ day workshop, you will:
- Learn the difference between burnout and compassion fatigue:
- Recognize warning signs and symptoms
- Learn simple, practical stress-reduction techniques
- Participate in reflective exercises
- Create a customized self-care strategy
- Receive a 'hands on' body/energy work treatment
- Participate in creative expressive clay work, walk a labyrinth
- Enjoy lunch with time to relax and reflect
You deserve to live in healthy balance, with vitality and passion!
DATE: Pre-requisite evening in October (date TBA)
& Saturday October 20, 10-4:30 pm 2012
COST: Evening only, $25
Evening & full day Saturday $150 (includes lunch, refreshments & treatment)
LOCATION: St. Andrews United Church, 54 Hayden Street (Yonge & Bloor)
Karen Hill is a certified Compassion Fatigue Educator and Therapist with expertise in complementary
health therapies, stress management and health promotion. A certified Adult Educator and
Licensed Holistic Practitioner, she holds a post-graduate certificate in Workplace Wellness
and Health Promotion. Karen owns Honour Your Space and Compassion Fatigue Toronto
and delivers workshops that support caregivers to increase self-awareness and
reclaim their vitality and passion for their work and life.
To learn more about Compassion Fatigue, please visit compassionfatiguetoronto.com
SPACE LIMITED - REGISTER NOW
To register, call 416-654-2302 or email email@example.com